Fox News: Donald Trump sought $5mln to appear in debate

Republican presidential candidate, businessman Donald Trump stands on the stage before the Fox Business Network Republican presidential debate at the North Charleston Coliseum. (AP)

Fox News Channel says Donald Trump demanded a $5 million contribution to his charities in order to appear in Thursday night’s debate, which the network rejected.

Fox News says Chairman Roger Ailes, in conversations with Trump, “acknowledged his concerns” about a statement the network had made in the days leading up to the debate.

The network and the presidential contender had been feuding since Trump demanded Megyn Kelly be removed as a debate moderator.

Trump was holding a competing event in Iowa.

SHOW MORE
Last Update: 10:57 KSA 13:57 - GMT 10:57
Top