Some congressional republicans in the US hope that a new law, designed to require financial disclosure by foreign media outlets, will force transparency in the operations of media headquartered in Qatar, according to a piece by American news and opinion website, The Daily Beast.
Will Al Jazeera English be 'ensnared' by this US media law?
Al Jazeera English Channel staff prepare for the broadcast inside the news room in Doha, Qatar. (File photo: AP)
Staff writer, Al Arabiya English
- 11424 Views Dubai’s Bayut, Dubizzle owners, EMPG, OLX to merge, forming $1 bln unicorn start up
- 2134 Views Coronavirus: Am I allowed to leave Abu Dhabi? UAE movement ban questions answered
- 1133 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia remittances increase in Q1 despite outbreak
- 1025 Views Kurdish man killed in Turkey for listening to Kurdish songs: Report
- 370 Views Qatar’s former emir, PM assure Gaddafi Al Jazeera won’t host anti-Libya guests: Audio
- 349 Views Israel says ‘successfully’ tested two ballistic missiles
- 164433 Views Coronavirus: Emirates allows booking flights from Dubai to 12 Arab states from July 1
- 32885 Views Japan will only back Lebanon IMF bailout if it deports Carlos Ghosn: Nissan Lawyer
- 18727 Views Coronavirus: Sudan ex-President Omar al-Bashir in hospital with symptoms, says report
- 17700 Views Netflix documentary criticized for saying Saudi Arabia gained independence in 1932
- 16325 Views Coronavirus: UAE bans movement in, out of Abu Dhabi as lockdown tightened
- 15077 Views Archaeologists reveal well-preserved Roman mosaic in Italy’s Verona