Russian police on Tuesday dropped drugs charges against journalist Ivan Golunov, a rare U-turn by the authorities in the face of anger from his supporters who alleged he was framed for his reporting and threatened to stage a mass protest in Moscow.
Russia, in U-turn after public anger, drops case against journalist
Golunov sits in a cage in a court room in Moscow on June 8, 2019. (AP)
- 247371 Views Houthi ballistic missiles intercepted above Riyadh, Jazan: Saudi Arabia
- 17776 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia confirms 99 new cases, death toll reaches 4
- 12548 Views Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin effective in treating coronavirus: French study
- 12478 Views Coronavirus: Fears of condom shortage as world's largest maker halts production
- 11075 Views Governments track coronavirus infections, but what about tracking immunity?
- 6357 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia extends all flight suspensions and working from home
- 415426 Views Coronavirus: Iceland’s mass testing finds half of carriers show no symptoms
- 247376 Views Houthi ballistic missiles intercepted above Riyadh, Jazan: Saudi Arabia
- 118154 Views Coronavirus mutates into 40 strains. How this changes the pandemic outlook: Experts
- 91763 Views Chinese man dies from hantavirus as coronavirus pandemic slows down in China
- 42793 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia’s King Salman orders lockdown in Riyadh, Mecca, Medina
- 34888 Views Coronavirus in Saudi Arabia: 10,000 riyal fine, jail time for curfew violators