Since the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) launched Operation Protective Edge during overnight hours on Monday, at least 48 Palestinians have been killed - including several senior Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ) militants as well as an 8 year-old child and an 80-year-old civilian; meanwhile, Hamas and other Gaza-based militants have indiscriminately fired at least 225 rockets at civilian populations targeting most of Israel’s major cities including Jerusalem, Tel Aviv and Beersheva, without causing deaths.
Israel’s next move: ground invasion of Gaza?
An Israeli Merkava tank rolls along the southern Israeli border with the Gaza Strip following Israeli air strikes in the Palestinian coastal enclave, on July 10, 2014. (Reuters)
- 3792 Views Coronavirus: Biden says Fauci will be US chief medical adviser
- 1945 Views Seven injured in explosion at Engen refinery in South Africa's Durban
- 1848 Views Israel warns Iran may attack Israeli targets abroad
- 1556 Views Bangladesh begins moving Rohingya to isolated island
- 1440 Views German FM requests broader Iran nuclear deal, no ballistic rocket program
- 1202 Views Coronavirus: Russia vaccinated over 100,000 with its Sputnik V COVID-19 vaccine
- 32743 Views Iran’s IRGC commander targeted by a drone near Iraqi-Syrian border
- 16066 Views Israel transfers over $1 bln to Palestinian Authority: Palestinian minister
- 10412 Views UAE National Day: Abu Dhabi grants citizens $2 bln in homes, land, loan forgiveness
- 10204 Views Trump retweets Israeli journalist saying nuclear scientist killing a ‘blow for Iran’
- 10142 Views Saudi Arabia to announce lifting of COVID-19 travel ban details ‘later’: MOI source
- 9334 Views Coronavirus: Moderna says vaccine 100 pct effective against severe COVID-19 cases