For Ukraine’s Muslims, the ongoing political crisis should not directly affect their 500,000 member community, according to the country’s grand mufti. However, according to observers, a Russia-leaning swing in politics could be “totally suicidal” for Ukrainian Muslims.
Ukraine’s Muslims: where do they stand on the crisis?
People place flowers at a makeshift memorial as they gather to commemorate the victims of the recent clashes in central Kiev Feb. 23, 2014. (Reuters)
- 11261 Views Saudi ministry clarifies after report on pending decision to abolish kafala system
- 6576 Views Egypt’s al-Sisi says freedom of expression ‘stops’ when it offends 1.5 bln Muslims
- 4599 Views Trump website briefly hacked, defaced with fake FBI seizure notice
- 4438 Views Saudi Arabia to give SAR 500,000 to families of health workers who died from COVID-19
- 3984 Views Coronavirus: Iran’s Speaker of Parliament Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf contracts COVID-19
- 3857 Views Abu Dhabi offers 180 AED coronavirus test at new drive-through center
- 28975 Views Iranian dissident Mehdi Amin found murdered at his residence in Canada
- 26865 Views Macron tweets in Arabic that France ‘will never give in’ amid Prophet cartoon storm
- 16773 Views Head of Muslim League on Prophet cartoon: We are not against freedoms, only hatred
- 15313 Views Saudi Arabia condemns Prophet cartoons, rejects attempts linking Islam to terrorism
- 12395 Views Coronavirus: UAE continues to battle surge of infections as 1,563 new cases detected
- 12103 Views Saudi Arabia’s Council of Senior Scholars: Insulting prophets only serves extremists