What should Washington do in Iraq? Secretary of State John Kerry is touring the region to figure that out. In Jeddah, he is expected to discuss the situation with the Saudi leadership. He will probably face the same response that General David Petraeus got from King Abdullah in 2008 when discussing Iraq: “cut off the head of the snake.” As time passes and death tolls rise, Iran continues to be at the heart of the issue.
By re-focusing on Syria, Washington could find Iraq’s remedy
Iraq is not at the heart of the issue, but rather a symptom of the Syrian crisis. (File photo: Reuters)
- 8729 Views Coronavirus: UAE extends curfew indefinitely due to disinfection program
- 3440 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia records 140 new cases totaling 2,179
- 2909 Views Coronavirus: Sweden takes different approach to tackling the outbreak as numbers rise
- 1863 Views Putin’s comments on Saudi withdrawal from OPEC+ deal devoid of truth: Saudi FM
- 1227 Views Coronavirus: Dubai to halt tram, metro services from Sunday
- 611 Views Coronavirus: UAE recommends everyone wear a mask while in public
- 123597 Views 21 mln drop in China's mobile users may suggest higher coronavirus death toll: Report
- 65006 Views South Korea conquered coronavirus without a lockdown: a model to follow?
- 44595 Views Coronavirus: Saudi's King Salman orders treatment for all, including visa violators
- 34081 Views UAE records total of 570 coronavirus cases and three deaths
- 30579 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia enforces 24-hour daily curfew in Mecca, Medina
- 21007 Views Top Russian doctor who shook Putin’s hand tests positive for coronavirus