The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) has established an “Islamic curriculum” for students living in the Syrian northern city of Raqqa and banned the study of philosophy and chemistry, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR) reported Friday.
Philosophy and chemistry banned in schools by ISIS
An ISIS "faith-strengthening" event for children in one of the ISIS' strongholds in Aleppo province. (Photo courtesy: BBC)
Al Arabiya News
- 9141 Views Coronavirus: UAE extends curfew indefinitely due to disinfection program
- 3214 Views Coronavirus: Sweden takes different approach to tackling the outbreak as numbers rise
- 2817 Views Coronavirus: Dubai announces two-week 24-hour curfew as disinfection continues
- 2120 Views Putin’s comments on Saudi withdrawal from OPEC+ deal devoid of truth: Saudi FM
- 827 Views Coronavirus: UAE central bank increases economic stimulus to $69 billion
- 793 Views Coronavirus: UAE officially asks to postpone Expo 2020 until October 2021
- 124904 Views 21 mln drop in China's mobile users may suggest higher coronavirus death toll: Report
- 67263 Views South Korea conquered coronavirus without a lockdown: a model to follow?
- 44680 Views Coronavirus: Saudi's King Salman orders treatment for all, including visa violators
- 34105 Views UAE records total of 570 coronavirus cases and three deaths
- 30757 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia enforces 24-hour daily curfew in Mecca, Medina
- 21042 Views Top Russian doctor who shook Putin’s hand tests positive for coronavirus