The second report of a new series by Al Arabiya News Channel takes a look at Iran’s “Millionaire Mullahs” – a phrase coined by the U.S.-based Forbes magazine – referring to a class of Iranian leaders who made large fortunes from the new government formed after the shah was overthrown in the 1979 Islamic Revolution.
Inside Iran: The wealth and power of the ‘Millionaire Mullahs’
A scan made Monday, Jan. 11, 2010 of a 2,000 rial Iranian banknote showing the Islamic Republic's revered founder Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini anda handwritten pro-opposition graffiti in Farsi in green reading "We are countless" and showing the "V" for victory sign. (AP)
- 8683 Views Coronavirus: UAE extends curfew indefinitely due to disinfection program
- 3379 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia records 140 new cases totaling 2,179
- 2847 Views Coronavirus: Sweden takes different approach to tackling the outbreak as numbers rise
- 1792 Views Putin’s comments on Saudi withdrawal from OPEC+ deal devoid of truth: Saudi FM
- 1190 Views Coronavirus: Dubai to halt tram, metro services from Sunday
- 1056 Views Coronavirus: Dubai’s malls turn into fulfillment centers as online shopping explodes
- 123215 Views 21 mln drop in China's mobile users may suggest higher coronavirus death toll: Report
- 64549 Views South Korea conquered coronavirus without a lockdown: a model to follow?
- 44587 Views Coronavirus: Saudi's King Salman orders treatment for all, including visa violators
- 34078 Views UAE records total of 570 coronavirus cases and three deaths
- 30553 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia enforces 24-hour daily curfew in Mecca, Medina
- 21003 Views Top Russian doctor who shook Putin’s hand tests positive for coronavirus