As soon as the news of Kulsoom Nawaz, wife of Pakistan’s deposed prime minister Nawaz Sharif, winning a crucial by-election started trickling in on Sunday, the most obvious question being asked was the following – does this change anything for Nawaz Sharif’s fortunes?
Will wife’s victory keep Nawaz Sharif family relevant to Pakistani politics?
Kulsoom Nawaz (L) wife of former Pakistan's premier Nawaz Sharif wave to supporters as they take part of election campaign in Lahore on May 4, 2013. (AFP)
Staff writer, Al Arabiya English
- 328035 Views Houthi ballistic missiles intercepted above Riyadh, Jazan: Saudi Arabia
- 15787 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia orders Jeddah lockdown, enforces earlier curfew
- 7457 Views Italian nurse Daniela Trezzi commits suicide over fears of spreading coronavirus
- 5311 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia records eight deaths, 1,299 confirmed cases
- 1942 Views Coronavirus could claim up to 200,000 American lives: Fauci
- 1387 Views Watch: People sing Saudi Arabia’s national anthem during coronavirus curfew
- 457229 Views Coronavirus: Iceland’s mass testing finds half of carriers show no symptoms
- 330560 Views Houthi ballistic missiles intercepted above Riyadh, Jazan: Saudi Arabia
- 121261 Views Coronavirus mutates into 40 strains. How this changes the pandemic outlook: Experts
- 92072 Views Chinese man dies from hantavirus as coronavirus pandemic slows down in China
- 43693 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia’s King Salman orders lockdown in Riyadh, Mecca, Medina
- 38755 Views Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin effective in treating coronavirus: French study