United Arab Emirates club Al Nasr are backing their Brazil-born forward Santos Monteiro Junior Wanderley after he was provisionally suspended by the Asian Football Confederation pending an investigation into his nationality.
Al Nasr back Brazil-born Wanderley in nationality probe
The 27-year-old was banned for 60 days by the AFC on Friday after Indonesian authorities said his passport was forged or falsified. (File Photo: Reuters)
Reuters, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- 6969 Views Israel sending weapons to Azerbaijan as fight with Armenia rages on: Sources
- 2378 Views Lebanon’s Berri says framework agreed for Israel border talks
- 1387 Views Two French journalists in Armenia injured by Azeri shelling: Source
- 1067 Views All 27 American ISIS supporters held by Kurds back in US custody
- 1011 Views Three Indian soldiers killed by Pakistani shelling near Kashmir
- 418 Views Head of Israel’s Mossad visits Bahrain, meets intelligence and security officials
- 68696 Views UAE set to amend law granting citizenship to expats with certain criteria: Report
- 35214 Views Major blast heard in Paris after fighter jet breaks sound barrier
- 24415 Views Coronavirus: Dubai orders bars, restaurants to stop services, entertainment at 1 a.m.
- 15794 Views Armenia declares martial law and mobilization amid Azerbaijan clashes
- 15032 Views Kuwait to fire 400 expat employees at Ministry of Public Works: Report
- 12923 Views Dubai-based Burj Khalifa builder Arabtec to close down, file for liquidation: Sources