Lionel Messi postpones Egypt visit due to church bombing

Messi’s trip was planned for this month and will now be postponed until February, according to visit organizers Prime Pharma. (File photo: Reuters)

Barcelona star Lionel Messi agreed to postpone a medical tourism campaign visit to Egypt following a deadly suicide bombing at a Cairo church which killed 25 people last week, local news site Ahram Online reported on Thursday.

Messi’s trip was planned for this month and will now be postponed until February, according to visit organizers Prime Pharma.

“Messi sent his condolences to the families of the victims of Sunday's attack and said he understands the reasons for postponing, said Tamer Wagih, CEO of Prime Pharma, the company that organizes Tour n' Cure,” Ahram Online reported.

Egypt's Tour n’ Cure medical tourism campaign runs combined tourism and Hepatitis C treatment travel packages in Egypt.

Messi’s visit is intended to promote the campaign.
 

SHOW MORE
Last Update: Wednesday, 20 May 2020 KSA 09:48 - GMT 06:48
Top