Leicester City’s Jamie Vardy said scoring 100 Premier League goals was a massive achievement but its significance would hit home only after his retirement from the game.
The 33-year-old, who netted his 100th Premier League goal in the 3-0 home victory over Crystal Palace earlier this month, became the first Leicester player to reach the milestone.
He also became the 29th player to score a century in the English top flight, with his 103 Premier League goals coming in 210 games, after he debuted in the competition in the 2014-15 season at the age of 27.
“It’s a massive achievement but it’s one of those, ‘yes you’ve done it,’ but it’s all about the next game then, so you don’t really get time to have it sink in,” the English striker told the club’s website.
“It’s probably something that, when I finish football, I can look back on it and actually realize what it means.
“The season finishes and you get away to forget about football for a few weeks and then you’re straight back in to start the next season. So it’s all about constantly going and going.”
Leicester’s Vardy says 100-goal Premier League milestone yet to sink in
Leicester’s Jamie Vardy celebrates after scoring the opening goal during the English Premier League soccer match between Leicester City and Arsenal on November 9, 2019. (AP)
- 11700 Views Investigators find underground chamber beneath Beirut port wreckage: Reports
- 8088 Views Indonesia volcano Mount Sinabung erupts with tower of smoke and ash
- 1617 Views Lebanon PM resigns less than a week after deadly Beirut explosion
- 1488 Views Hezbollah softens stance on Israel maritime border dispute after Lebanese rage
- 737 Views Explosion hits near Iraq-Kuwait border crossing: Iraqi security source
- 558 Views Read full resignation speech of Lebanon PM Hassan Diab
- 212132 Views Massive explosions rock Lebanon’s capital of Beirut; Trump says it was an ‘attack’
- 61647 Views Watch: Closest footage yet of Beirut blasts from apartment balcony opposite port
- 45204 Views Dubai to enforce flexible working hours starting from August 16
- 40522 Views Beirut explosion: Missing port worker found alive in sea 30 hours after Lebanon blast
- 36538 Views Watch: Beirut explosion sweeps away bride and groom posing for wedding pictures
- 18737 Views Beirut blast is the most tragic: 6 explosions, fires around the world within 72 hours