With the end of the year in sight, editors of the U.S.-based Time magazine will name the publication’s Person of the Year, releasing an issue naming the individual they feel has had the most influence on world events over the last twelve months, for better or for worse.
Poll asks who’s more influential: Sisi, Erdogan, Netanyahu, or Rowhani?
This year, Iranian President Hassan Rowhani is up against Israeli premier Benjamin Netanyahu, while Egyptian army chief Gen. Abdel Fattah al-Sisi faces off against Turkish premier Recep Tayyip Erdogan. (Reuters)
Staff writer, Al Arabiya News
- 5301 Views Two dead as rare Mediterranean hurricane-like storm batters western Greece
- 3039 Views Iran’s IRGC head vows ‘hit’ on all US staff involved in killing Soleimani
- 2938 Views Coronavirus: UK reports biggest increase in COVID-19 cases since May 8
- 1740 Views Coronavirus: UAE health minister vaccinated with first COVID-19 vaccine dose
- 951 Views About 9,000 migrants on Greece’s Lesbos move into tent camp after massive fire
- 917 Views Yemen’s Houthis launch projectile towards Saudi Arabia’s Jazan, 5 civilians injured
- 34714 Views Dubai Police arrest man for ‘dancing indecently’ in viral video at local cafe
- 26070 Views Lebanon: More families are marrying off teenage daughters as economic despair sets in
- 19942 Views Coronavirus: UAE to hold media briefing on COVID-19
- 12171 Views UAE, Bahrain normalize ties with Israel at historic White House event
- 10953 Views For insulting Erdogan, over 3,800 sentenced to prison in Turkey in 2019: Report
- 9628 Views Coronavirus: Passengers arriving in Abu Dhabi must wear COVID-19 tracking device