Residents of Iraq's Kirkuk said the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) has backed down from its decision to ban smoking and has thus allowed selling cigarettes in areas it controls south and west of the province, Almada Press reported Saturday.
ISIS reverts smoking ban in Kirkuk 'to gain popularity'
ISIS militants burning boxes of cigarettes in June. (Photo courtesy: The Times)
Al Arabiya News
- 7512 Views Turkey condemns killing of Iranian nuclear scientist, urges restraint
- 4433 Views Dubai to cut fuel surcharge starting Dec. 1 to bring down customer power, water bills
- 3987 Views ‘An unexpected victim’: Negative reviews of scented candles increase amid coronavirus
- 2751 Views Indonesian volcano erupts, forcing thousands of residents to flee
- 1588 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia ranked sixth safest country in COVID-19 risk assessment
- 576 Views US election: Brazil’s Bolsonaro holds back on recognizing Biden’s victory
- 22235 Views UAE-Israel: Nobel Peace Prize nominations for Abu Dhabi Crown Prince, Netanyahu
- 12548 Views Turkey's Erdogan preparing for worst during 4 years of US incoming president Biden
- 11609 Views Iranian nuclear scientist Mohsen Fakhrizadeh assassinated: Ministry of Defense
- 9586 Views Trump retweets Israeli journalist saying nuclear scientist killing a ‘blow for Iran’
- 9538 Views UAE National Day: Abu Dhabi grants citizens $2 bln in homes, land, loan forgiveness
- 8403 Views Saudi Arabia arrests 226 people involved in 158 criminal corruption cases