Throughout history, a diverse array of traditions and social mores have arisen in the Arab world to compliment the spiritual rituals of the holy month of Ramadan, bringing color, culture and life to communities that celebrate the ninth month of the Islamic calendar. As these festivities engulf the Middle East, some of the diverse sounds, ambience and soulful poetry were this week transported to London as the Rich Mix Theatre hosted “Ramadan Night.”A showcase of poetry, sounds and sights, evoking nostalgic moments of the past and present, “Ramadan Night” was curated by the Arts Canteen, responsible for introducing emerging and successful artists in both the visual arts and music from the Middle East to the United Kingdom.
London theater hosts Ramadan night to explore rich Arab culture
A showcase of poetry, sounds and sights, evoking nostalgic moments of the past and present, “Ramadan Night” was curated by the Arts Canteen. (Photo courtesy: Arts Canteen/ Rich Mix Theatre)
- 7444 Views Israel sending weapons to Azerbaijan as fight with Armenia rages on: Sources
- 5058 Views Coronavirus: Massive COVID-19 study in India finds children are superspreaders
- 2506 Views Lebanon’s Berri says framework agreed for Israel border talks
- 1847 Views Head of Israel’s Mossad visits Bahrain, meets intelligence and security officials
- 1626 Views Armenia says it recalls ambassador from Israel over arms sales to Azerbaijan
- 1430 Views Three Indian soldiers killed by Pakistani shelling near Kashmir
- 73557 Views UAE set to amend law granting citizenship to expats with certain criteria: Report
- 35324 Views Major blast heard in Paris after fighter jet breaks sound barrier
- 24435 Views Coronavirus: Dubai orders bars, restaurants to stop services, entertainment at 1 a.m.
- 15805 Views Armenia declares martial law and mobilization amid Azerbaijan clashes
- 15036 Views Kuwait to fire 400 expat employees at Ministry of Public Works: Report
- 13207 Views Dubai-based Burj Khalifa builder Arabtec to close down, file for liquidation: Sources