A monkey that sneezes when it rains and a “walking” fish are among more than 200 species discovered in the ecologically fragile eastern Himalayas in recent years, according to conservation group WWF.
Sneezing monkeys and ‘walking’ fish?
A blue snakehead fish is among a vast array of species found in the ecologically sensitive Himalayas between 2009 and 2014. (AFP)
- 4890 Views Four reasons why Saudi Arabia’s soft power eclipses all others
- 2350 Views India summons Canada envoy after Trudeau backs protests
- 1521 Views Kuwait Emir happy with continuous efforts to solve the Gulf dispute
- 1388 Views Killing of Soleimani shows what a real red line looks like: Pompeo at Manama Dialogue
- 1325 Views Iran continues to fund militias in region, terror operations in Europe: Saudi FM
- 1122 Views Bahrain denies statement on import of goods from West Bank, Golan Heights
- 32807 Views Iran’s IRGC commander targeted by a drone near Iraqi-Syrian border
- 16206 Views Israel transfers over $1 bln to Palestinian Authority: Palestinian minister
- 10307 Views Saudi Arabia to announce lifting of COVID-19 travel ban details ‘later’: MOI source
- 9359 Views Coronavirus: Moderna says vaccine 100 pct effective against severe COVID-19 cases
- 8748 Views Turkey condemns killing of Iranian nuclear scientist, urges restraint
- 6964 Views Why is Iran threatening Israel’s Haifa? Experts explain