Stage adaptations of French author Michel Houellebecq’s novel “Submission”, in which a Muslim president takes power in 2022 France, have been a hit in Germany where a huge Mideast refugee influx has stoked fears of the impact of Islamic culture.
A French Muslim president? New play hits raw nerves
Picture taken on February 3, 2016 shows German actor Edgar Selge in the role of "Francois" during a rehearsal of the stage adaptation of French author Michel Houellebecq's novel "Submission". (AFP)
- 11814 Views South Korea conquered coronavirus without a lockdown: a model to follow?
- 8711 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia sets earlier curfew time in al-Qatif, al-Taif, Dammam city
- 2890 Views Coronavirus: Saudi’s King Salman orders $2.39 bln aid to affected citizens
- 2603 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia records 2,039 cases total
- 2126 Views Coronavirus survivors retest positive, testing may be to blame
- 851 Views Informal workers in Arab world hit hardest by coronavirus, unlikely to get help
- 358219 Views Houthi ballistic missiles intercepted above Riyadh, Jazan: Saudi Arabia
- 120036 Views 21 mln drop in China's mobile users may suggest higher coronavirus death toll: Report
- 44306 Views Coronavirus: Saudi's King Salman orders treatment for all, including visa violators
- 33951 Views UAE records total of 570 coronavirus cases and three deaths
- 29191 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia enforces 24-hour daily curfew in Mecca, Medina
- 20847 Views Top Russian doctor who shook Putin’s hand tests positive for coronavirus