After a bronze statue of Mohamed Salah unveiled in Egypt earlier this week was criticized for its poor resemblance to the Liverpool striker, Mai Abdullah, the Egyptian girl who made the statue, revealed that Salah got in touch with her and told her to ignore the criticism.
Mo Salah personally contacts Egyptian sculptor of widely criticized statue
Abdullah, who voiced her happiness that Salah called her, said the football star encouraged her to resume her work as an artist and to ignore critics. (Facebook)
Ashraf Abdelhamid, Al Arabiya.net
- 36068 Views South Korea conquered coronavirus without a lockdown: a model to follow?
- 9110 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia sets earlier curfew time in al-Qatif, al-Taif, Dammam city
- 4367 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia records 2,039 cases total including 25 deaths
- 3167 Views Coronavirus: Saudi’s King Salman orders $2.39 bln aid to affected citizens
- 3159 Views Coronavirus: UAE extends curfew indefinitely due to disinfection program
- 1593 Views Coronavirus: Ultra-orthodox Jews cough on Israeli police, calling them 'Nazis'
- 358366 Views Houthi ballistic missiles intercepted above Riyadh, Jazan: Saudi Arabia
- 120887 Views 21 mln drop in China's mobile users may suggest higher coronavirus death toll: Report
- 44414 Views Coronavirus: Saudi's King Salman orders treatment for all, including visa violators
- 36067 Views South Korea conquered coronavirus without a lockdown: a model to follow?
- 33985 Views UAE records total of 570 coronavirus cases and three deaths
- 29734 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia enforces 24-hour daily curfew in Mecca, Medina