A federal trial begins this week for an Israeli woman charged in the US with directing a scheme to defraud tens of thousands of investors across the globe out of tens of millions of dollars.
Trial opens for Israeli woman charged in $145M fraud scheme
Jury selection for Lee Elbaz’s trial is scheduled to start Tuesday in Maryland. (File photo: AFP)
The Associated Press, Greenbelt
- 8456 Views Coronavirus: Dubai closes, fines nine fitness centers for violating COVID-19 measures
- 7726 Views Coronavirus: UAE arrests 8 for organizing weddings violating precautionary measures
- 6082 Views US says all UN sanctions on Iran restored, Security Council opposes move
- 3769 Views Dubai-based Al Habtoor Group to open representative office in Israel
- 3573 Views Trump is a target of Iran for ‘life’ for Soleimani killing: Supreme leader Rep.
- 1039 Views Jewish settlers enter, pray at Al Aqsa in Jerusalem despite coronavirus lockdown
- 29328 Views Lebanon: More families are marrying off teenage daughters as economic despair sets in
- 12311 Views UAE, Bahrain normalize ties with Israel at historic White House event
- 11180 Views For insulting Erdogan, over 3,800 sentenced to prison in Turkey in 2019: Report
- 9807 Views Coronavirus: Passengers arriving in Abu Dhabi must wear COVID-19 tracking device
- 9400 Views Oman official attended UAE-Israel-Bahrain ceremony: White House official
- 8811 Views Coronavirus: 1,850 children of UAE health care workers receive scholarships