Dozens of American parents were warned that their children could be taken from them and placed in foster care if they didn’t settle the kids’ school meal debts.
Pay lunch debts or kids face foster care, US school tells parents
An education board in Pennsylvania sent a threatening letter to 40 families whose children owed $10 or more. (Shutterstock)
AFP, New York
- 8683 Views Coronavirus: UAE extends curfew indefinitely due to disinfection program
- 3379 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia records 140 new cases totaling 2,179
- 2848 Views Coronavirus: Sweden takes different approach to tackling the outbreak as numbers rise
- 1792 Views Putin’s comments on Saudi withdrawal from OPEC+ deal devoid of truth: Saudi FM
- 1191 Views Coronavirus: Dubai to halt tram, metro services from Sunday
- 584 Views Coronavirus: UAE recommends everyone wear a mask while in public
- 123215 Views 21 mln drop in China's mobile users may suggest higher coronavirus death toll: Report
- 64549 Views South Korea conquered coronavirus without a lockdown: a model to follow?
- 44587 Views Coronavirus: Saudi's King Salman orders treatment for all, including visa violators
- 34078 Views UAE records total of 570 coronavirus cases and three deaths
- 30553 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia enforces 24-hour daily curfew in Mecca, Medina
- 21003 Views Top Russian doctor who shook Putin’s hand tests positive for coronavirus