Malaysia has sent back 150 containers of plastic waste to 13 mainly rich countries since the third quarter last year, with the environment minster warning on Monday that those who want to make the country a rubbish bin of the world can “dream on.”
Malaysia sends back trash, says won’t be world’s waste bin
A Malaysian official inspects a container filled with plastic waste shipment on May 28, 2019 prior to sending it to the Westport in Port Klang, Malaysia. (Photo: AP)
The Associated Press, Penang
- 5045 Views Kuwaiti Emir Sheikh Sabah dies at age 91: Amiri Diwan
- 3439 Views Kuwait gov’t spokesman: Information comes from official sources, not social media
- 3064 Views Kuwait names Crown Prince Sheikh Nawaf al-Ahmad al-Sabah as new emir
- 2890 Views ‘Father of Humaneness’: Kuwait’s Emir dies at 91 leaving legacy of mediation, charity
- 2430 Views World leaders express condolences to Kuwait on death of Sheikh Sabah
- 862 Views After the death of Kuwait’s emir, how is the next ruler chosen?
- 36367 Views 54-year-old man dies after eating bags of candy for weeks
- 22628 Views Coronavirus: Dubai orders bars, restaurants to stop services, entertainment at 1 a.m.
- 15261 Views Armenia declares martial law and mobilization amid Azerbaijan clashes
- 14825 Views Kuwait to fire 400 expat employees at Ministry of Public Works: Report
- 7961 Views Four people injured in knife attack in Paris, several suspects detained: Police
- 7881 Views How long can coronaviruses survive in a closed elevator? Up to 30 minutes, study says