Hong Kong’s flower markets are lamenting dismal Valentine’s Day sales as the city battles the deadly coronavirus outbreak, with admirers joking that a box of face masks is a better way to say “I love you” than a bouquet.
Virus-hit Hong Kong celebrates Valentine’s Day with face masks
People wearing protective face masks walk past a flower shop on Valentine's Day in Hong Kong. (AP)
AFP, Hong Kong
- 6888 Views Coronavirus: Dubai orders bars, restaurants to stop services, entertainment at 1 a.m.
- 3168 Views Azerbaijan denies Armenian ambassador claims that Turkey sent 4,000 Syrian fighters
- 2951 Views Armenia accuses Turkey of direct military support for Azerbaijan, Baku denies
- 2431 Views Saudi Arabia sends world-first shipment of blue ammonia to Japan
- 1827 Views Saudi Arabia calls for peaceful solution to conflict between Armenia and Azerbaijan
- 289 Views Azerbaijan declares partial military mobilization, six Azeri civilians killed
- 35989 Views 54-year-old man dies after eating bags of candy for weeks
- 16412 Views Another country will sign a peace deal with Israel in ‘next day or two’: US diplomat
- 16025 Views Coronavirus: UAE records over 1,000 COVID-19 cases, its highest single day spike
- 14067 Views Armenia declares martial law and mobilization amid Azerbaijan clashes
- 12691 Views Kuwait to fire 400 expat employees at Ministry of Public Works: Report
- 7853 Views Four people injured in knife attack in Paris, several suspects detained: Police