Despite their best effort to help US Senator Bernie Sanders win the Democratic presidential nomination, Muslim-Americans have been unable to move the needle. Sanders not only lost, but was wiped out, first in Minnesota, the state of Muslim-American Congresswoman Ilhan Omar, and second in Michigan, the state of Muslim-American Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib. Both Omar and Tlaib had endorsed, stumped for and supported Sanders against frontrunner in the race, Joe Biden.
The Muslim American lobby is divided and ineffective
Disclaimer: Views expressed by writers in this section are their own and do not reflect Al Arabiya English's point-of-view.
- 5626 Views Saudi Arabia’s Al Ahsa records world’s highest temperature this season
- 3493 Views ‘Are we not allowed to be Palestinian:’ Bella Hadid after Instagram deletes story
- 1513 Views Coronavirus: Emirates makes negative COVID-19 test necessary on some flights to Dubai
- 1456 Views Lebanon's Hezbollah opens illegal border crossing with Syria: Report
- 1232 Views Largest camel hospital in the world opens in Saudi Arabia
- 607 Views Turkey tested Russian-made S-400 air defense systems on US-made jets: Reports
- 60638 Views Lebanon’s PM Diab sues AUB for $1 mln, asks for overseas payment
- 48218 Views New coronavirus mutation may make COVID-19 spread faster, says Fauci
- 36201 Views Coronavirus risk: Bars, music concerts, sports, religious services are highest danger
- 36168 Views Coronavirus outbreak in Saudi Arabia ranks at high risk: Experts’ COVID-19 map
- 12565 Views Period poverty in Lebanon rising amid unprecedented economic crisis
- 5698 Views Monkeys infected with COVID-19 coronavirus developed short-term immunity