Despite their best effort to help US Senator Bernie Sanders win the Democratic presidential nomination, Muslim-Americans have been unable to move the needle. Sanders not only lost, but was wiped out, first in Minnesota, the state of Muslim-American Congresswoman Ilhan Omar, and second in Michigan, the state of Muslim-American Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib. Both Omar and Tlaib had endorsed, stumped for and supported Sanders against frontrunner in the race, Joe Biden.
The Muslim American lobby is divided and ineffective
Disclaimer: Views expressed by writers in this section are their own and do not reflect Al Arabiya English's point-of-view.
- 3754 Views UAE-Israel relations take off with aviation deal, includes 28 weekly Tel Aviv flights
- 1876 Views Turkey says it will send troops to help Azerbaijan if requested
- 1411 Views ‘We will not give up cartoons,’ says France’s Macron in homage to murdered teacher
- 1398 Views Turkey considering reimposing coronavirus curbs, without hurting economy
- 1147 Views Israeli delegation travels to Sudan to discuss normalization in rare visit
- 729 Views Meet Amal al-Moallimi, Saudi Arabia’s second female ambassador
- 34898 Views First Emirati passenger plane lands in Israel from UAE
- 32707 Views Shock in Iraq after woman throws her two children into the Tigris River
- 27125 Views ‘Welcome to Israel’: First UAE delegation received by Israeli PM Netanyahu at airport
- 19809 Views Coronavirus: Dubai to allow weddings, social events to resume
- 18503 Views Coronavirus: UAE FM latest official to receive COVID-19 vaccine
- 15864 Views Paris attack: Chechen who beheaded teacher Samuel Paty tweeted against Saudi Arabia