The political move of enabling Abdel-Fattah al-Sisi to become the president of Egypt via elections went well. The country did not turn upside down as some people predicted and the opposition’s threats to obstruct the elections yielded no results. Foreign political parties, particularly the United States surrendered to the new reality once the election results were announced and backed down from their stance in support of the legitimacy of ousted President Mohammad Mursi.
Can Egypt rise with Sisi in power?
Disclaimer: Views expressed by writers in this section are their own and do not reflect Al Arabiya English's point-of-view.
- 8992 Views Coronavirus: Passengers arriving in Abu Dhabi must wear COVID-19 tracking device
- 6019 Views Watch: Israeli singer performs UAE national anthem following peace deal
- 4760 Views Lebanon football player Mohamad Atwi dies from stray bullet injury to head
- 2691 Views US to block new TikTok, WeChat app downloads from Sep. 20: Officials
- 2603 Views Coronavirus: UAE reports 786 new COVID-19 cases raising total to 82,568, no deaths
- 2034 Views Coronavirus: Pets can catch COVID-19 from owners, study finds
- 38042 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia to partially lift ban on international flights
- 34651 Views Dubai Police arrest man for ‘dancing indecently’ in viral video at local cafe
- 33467 Views Coronavirus: China virologist says COVID-19 man-made, market claims false
- 19778 Views Coronavirus: UAE to hold media briefing on COVID-19
- 16321 Views Morocco, Israel set to establish direct flights: Report
- 14941 Views Coronavirus: UAE records highest daily spike in COVID-19 cases with 1,007 new cases