Abandoning diplomatic caution, Jordan is now a member of the U.S.-led coalition against the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria. Amman has traditionally avoided referring to the jihadist group by name, instead alluding to it within the broad context of radicalism and terrorism.
On Jordan’s true role in the anti-ISIS alliance
Disclaimer: Views expressed by writers in this section are their own and do not reflect Al Arabiya English's point-of-view.
- 5147 Views Lebanon’s PM-designate Adib announces resignation
- 1811 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia reports 461 new cases, 769 recoveries in 24 hours
- 1727 Views Coronavirus: Thousands protest COVID-19 restrictions in central London
- 1464 Views Coronavirus: Dubai hotels must close by 3 a.m. under latest COVID-19 restrictions
- 935 Views Coronavirus happened ‘naturally’, not in a lab: WHO
- 902 Views Arab Coalition destroys Houthi air defense system in Yemen’s Sanaa
- 34017 Views 54-year-old man dies after eating bags of candy for weeks
- 24171 Views Coronavirus: Dubai Police arrest Arab actress for hosting public birthday parties
- 23449 Views Turkey sentences female politician to prison for calling Erdogan ‘enemy of women’
- 16233 Views Explosion in Lebanon at Hezbollah arms depot: Report
- 15947 Views Another country will sign a peace deal with Israel in ‘next day or two’: US diplomat
- 15795 Views Coronavirus: UAE records over 1,000 COVID-19 cases, its highest single day spike