Netanyahu’s speech to U.S. Congress on Iran caused a stir among experts who are anxiously following the election campaign in Israel as it enters its final stage. Israeli society decides who will rule the country for the next four years and which political course will be chosen. This affects not only the life of ordinary Israelis, but also the fate of the region. Despite its small size and limited capacities, Israel influences the international agenda and is at the center of several complex relations between states. This becomes especially remarkable when one realizes Israel stands between tree major powers in the world arena: Russia, the U.S. and Iran.
Will Israeli election results be a game-changer?
Disclaimer: Views expressed by writers in this section are their own and do not reflect Al Arabiya English's point-of-view.
- 3864 Views Coronavirus: Biden says Fauci will be US chief medical adviser
- 2319 Views Four reasons why Saudi Arabia’s soft power eclipses all others
- 2005 Views Seven injured in explosion at Engen refinery in South Africa's Durban
- 1894 Views Israel warns Iran may attack Israeli targets abroad
- 1619 Views Bangladesh begins moving Rohingya to isolated island
- 1609 Views German FM requests broader Iran nuclear deal, no ballistic rocket program
- 32761 Views Iran’s IRGC commander targeted by a drone near Iraqi-Syrian border
- 16107 Views Israel transfers over $1 bln to Palestinian Authority: Palestinian minister
- 10419 Views UAE National Day: Abu Dhabi grants citizens $2 bln in homes, land, loan forgiveness
- 10208 Views Trump retweets Israeli journalist saying nuclear scientist killing a ‘blow for Iran’
- 10189 Views Saudi Arabia to announce lifting of COVID-19 travel ban details ‘later’: MOI source
- 9342 Views Coronavirus: Moderna says vaccine 100 pct effective against severe COVID-19 cases