"When a fight is inevitable, you hit first," said Russian President Vladimir Putin. Moscow's foreign policy is changing, and it is ready put everything on the line. The first turning point was Crimea, then the rebellion in eastern Ukraine. Russia's campaign in Syria has completed its foreign policy transformation.
The Russian bear has been poked too many times
Disclaimer: Views expressed by writers in this section are their own and do not reflect Al Arabiya English's point-of-view.
- 5157 Views UAE condemns assassination of Iranian nuclear scientist, calls for restraint
- 4874 Views Indonesian volcano erupts, forcing thousands of residents to flee
- 4506 Views Trump adviser Kushner and US team heading to Saudi Arabia and Qatar for talks
- 3097 Views President-elect Joe Biden fractures foot playing with dogs: Doctor
- 2807 Views Iranian press: Fakhrizadeh assassinated using automatic machine gun operated remotely
- 2667 Views Singapore baby born with coronavirus antibodies puzzles scientists
- 22372 Views UAE-Israel: Nobel Peace Prize nominations for Abu Dhabi Crown Prince, Netanyahu
- 12581 Views Turkey's Erdogan preparing for worst during 4 years of US incoming president Biden
- 11890 Views Iranian nuclear scientist Mohsen Fakhrizadeh assassinated: Ministry of Defense
- 10003 Views UAE National Day: Abu Dhabi grants citizens $2 bln in homes, land, loan forgiveness
- 9818 Views Trump retweets Israeli journalist saying nuclear scientist killing a ‘blow for Iran’
- 8658 Views Saudi Arabia arrests 226 people involved in 158 criminal corruption cases