Interreligious dialogue between Islam and Christianity is evolving under the mandate of His Holiness Pope Francis. Many events reveal that this dialogue will have a crucial impact on relations between the Holy See and Muslim countries. Before Pope Francis, Saint Pope John-Paul II had issued the Apostolic Exhortation to Lebanon in 1997, wherein he had emphasized that Muslims and Christians in Lebanon and the MENA region have a shared destiny and announced that Lebanon is the land of the Message.
Relations between the Holy See and Arab Peninsula: Beyond religious dialogue
Disclaimer: Views expressed by writers in this section are their own and do not reflect Al Arabiya English's point-of-view.
- 7539 Views Coronavirus outbreak in Saudi Arabia ranks at high risk: Expert metrics
- 2743 Views Video of large bird flying away clutching a ‘shark’ in South Carolina goes viral
- 1395 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia records 4,128 new COVID-19 cases as death toll rises
- 1214 Views Iran kept airspace open on day it downed Ukraine plane to conceal US base attack plan
- 1067 Views Coronavirus: Community spread most likely cause of UAE outbreak
- 630 Views Coronavirus: The man with the golden face mask is Indian
- 42964 Views New pig ‘flu’ virus, G4 strain of H1N1, has human pandemic risk: Chinese research
- 42398 Views New coronavirus mutation may make COVID-19 spread faster, says Fauci
- 27627 Views UAE travel rules amid coronavirus: Top questions answered if you are planning to fly
- 21616 Views Coronavirus: UAE suspends flights from Pakistan, special COVID-19 test lab planned
- 16198 Views Outrage in Lebanon after video of three men sexually assaulting young Syrian boy
- 13609 Views Abu Dhabi allows entry with new rules amid coronavirus lockdown: All you need to know