Interreligious dialogue between Islam and Christianity is evolving under the mandate of His Holiness Pope Francis. Many events reveal that this dialogue will have a crucial impact on relations between the Holy See and Muslim countries. Before Pope Francis, Saint Pope John-Paul II had issued the Apostolic Exhortation to Lebanon in 1997, wherein he had emphasized that Muslims and Christians in Lebanon and the MENA region have a shared destiny and announced that Lebanon is the land of the Message.
Relations between the Holy See and Arab Peninsula: Beyond religious dialogue
Disclaimer: Views expressed by writers in this section are their own and do not reflect Al Arabiya English's point-of-view.
- 16008 Views Iran seizes ship in international waters in Gulf, says US CENTCOM
- 3303 Views Israel, UAE reach historic US-brokered peace deal
- 1295 Views UAE will not open embassy in Jerusalem without a Palestinian-Israel peace deal
- 900 Views Saudi Arabia intercepts Houthi drone, 2 missiles targeting Khamis Mushait
- 655 Views Israel’s Tel Aviv lights up city hall with UAE’s flag following deal
- 473 Views UAE’s Jewish community reacts to country’s historic agreement with Israel
- 50198 Views Dubai to enforce flexible working hours starting from August 16
- 37780 Views Watch: Beirut explosion sweeps away bride and groom posing for wedding pictures
- 21284 Views Beirut blast is the most tragic: 6 explosions, fires around the world within 72 hours
- 19375 Views Lebanese banker buys Jennifer Lawrence's $9.9 mln NYC apartment
- 18617 Views Indonesia volcano Mount Sinabung erupts with tower of smoke and ash
- 18227 Views Beirut would be ‘erased’ had full chemical load exploded, bulk likely stolen: Expert