The Islamist regime in Tehran has set off a coronavirus bomb on its own territory. The official death toll leaped to 611 on Friday, yet other assessments indicate that close to 2,000 Iranians may already have died. Foreign Minister Javad Zarif and his surrogates have blamed the United States and its sanctions for the crisis, while the commander of the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) pointed his finger at “Americans’ biological warfare.” Yet responsibility for the epidemic in Iran belongs above all to the regime, whose deception and failure is inflicting terrible suffering on the people of Iran while posing a new kind of threat to international security.
Iranians suffer from regime’s malpractice on coronavirus
Disclaimer: Views expressed by writers in this section are their own and do not reflect Al Arabiya English's point-of-view.
- 247377 Views Houthi ballistic missiles intercepted above Riyadh, Jazan: Saudi Arabia
- 17780 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia confirms 99 new cases, death toll reaches 4
- 12548 Views Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin effective in treating coronavirus: French study
- 11076 Views Governments track coronavirus infections, but what about tracking immunity?
- 6366 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia extends all flight suspensions and working from home
- 3529 Views Italian nurse Daniela Trezzi commits suicide over fears of spreading coronavirus
- 415426 Views Coronavirus: Iceland’s mass testing finds half of carriers show no symptoms
- 247376 Views Houthi ballistic missiles intercepted above Riyadh, Jazan: Saudi Arabia
- 118154 Views Coronavirus mutates into 40 strains. How this changes the pandemic outlook: Experts
- 91763 Views Chinese man dies from hantavirus as coronavirus pandemic slows down in China
- 42793 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia’s King Salman orders lockdown in Riyadh, Mecca, Medina
- 34888 Views Coronavirus in Saudi Arabia: 10,000 riyal fine, jail time for curfew violators