Hezbollah had declared it would avenge the death of one of its fallen fighters who was among those targeted in an Israeli air raid, meaning few were surprised when brief firefight broke out on Lebanon’s southern border between Hezbollah and Israel. With no casualties reported in the aftermath, the question begs, why would Hezbollah even declare the death of this low-level operative, therefore putting itself in the limelight seeking retribution?
Hezbollah border incursions into Israel show neutrality is not an option for Lebanon
Disclaimer: Views expressed by writers in this section are their own and do not reflect Al Arabiya English's point-of-view.
- 13883 Views Beirut explosion: Six sources explain details, shine light on Hezbollah link
- 13165 Views Iran seizes ship in international waters in Gulf, says US CENTCOM
- 3500 Views Hezbollah was taking Beirut ammonium nitrate to produce weapons: Source
- 3326 Views US sends team to Qatar to investigate reports on Hezbollah funding: Sources
- 2467 Views Exclusive: Lebanon leans toward French offer to rebuild Beirut’s port after explosion
- 2234 Views Israel, UAE reach historic US-brokered peace deal
- 50105 Views Dubai to enforce flexible working hours starting from August 16
- 37736 Views Watch: Beirut explosion sweeps away bride and groom posing for wedding pictures
- 21186 Views Beirut blast is the most tragic: 6 explosions, fires around the world within 72 hours
- 19623 Views Colonel who died suspiciously had asked for removing ammonium nitrate: Lebanese media
- 19301 Views Lebanese banker buys Jennifer Lawrence's $9.9 mln NYC apartment
- 18542 Views Indonesia volcano Mount Sinabung erupts with tower of smoke and ash