Amerli was besieged when ISIS-led militants launched a major offensive in June, overrunning chunks of five Iraqi provinces and sweeping security forces aside, though security forces have now begun to claw back some ground.
- Anger as decapitated Lebanese soldier is buried
- U.S. mobile payments firm Isis changes name to Softcard
- Kerry: Sotloff’s ‘savage’ killers not real face of Islam
- Obama vows to ‘degrade and destroy’ ISIS
- Yazidi girl tells of escape from ISIS kidnappers
- 13 civilians killed in bus attack in eastern Syria