According to local media, black clouds rising over the Delta and Cairo have become a yearly event since 1997 which environmentalists and experts have blamed largely on the burning of leftover rice straw by farmers, an agricultural waste management problem which has yet to be solved for almost two decades.
- Blast targets troops near Egypt-Gaza border
- Egypt’s Ansar Bayt al-Maqdis swears allegiance to ISIS: statement
- Harsh questions for Egypt amid U.N. rights review
- No ISIS on my watch, says Egypt Sinai governor
- Kuwait to raise crude oil exports to Egypt, could send diesel
- Mortar bomb lands in Egypt’s Sinai