Internally displaced Syrians on Saturday gathered at a shelter near the Bab al-Salam crossing, opposite Turkey’s Kilis province, on the outskirts of the northern border town of Azaz, Syria.
Turkey’s foreign minister said Saturday his country would keep its “open border policy” for refugees, but did not indicate when thousands of Syrians camped out near a closed frontier post could cross.
- Syrian govt not serious about political solution: rebel leader
- Turkish border crossing closed as Syrians flee
- Anxious wait in Turkey for Syrian relatives of refugees
- Moscow rejects blame for Syria talks breakdown
- Syrian refugees recreate landmarks from home
- Economic effect of Syrian war reaches $35 bln
- U.N. Syria envoy set to brief Security Council
- Syrian Army, allies make advances in Deraa, Aleppo
- Donor conference raises $11 bln for Syria