Alleged Louvre attacker rented his Paris apartment last June: report
Hamahmy entered France on a tourist visa on January 26 on a flight from Dubai, where he worked in a law firm
An Egyptian man suspected of the machete attack at the Louvre museum in Paris is believed to have rented an apartment near the Champs Elysee months before the incident.
Egyptian newspaper Al-Shorouk on Monday quoted an unnamed source connected to the case saying 29-year-old Abdallah Reda Refai el-Hamahmy rented his apartment in Paris last June through an online website.
Hamahmy entered France on a tourist visa on January 26 on a flight from Dubai, where he worked in a law firm.
Weeks before the attack, Hamahmy posted selfies in front of the French capital’s iconic Eiffel Tower and Louvre Museum on his Facebook and Twitter accounts.
His father previously told Al Arabiya News channel that he believed his son was “completely innocent and had evidence to support it.”
Why the identity of ‘Louvre attacker’ shouldn’t be important“Louvre terror suspect identified as 29-year-old Egyptian tourist” ... Middle East Opinion
Father of Louvre attack suspect: My son is innocentIn an interview with Al Arabiya, Gen. Hamahmy said his 29-year-old son, is ... Middle East
Is this the ‘Egyptian’ Louvre attacker?French authorities confirmed that the perpetrator was a 29-year-old Egyptian man ... Features
Paris louvre attack suspect EgyptianThe main suspect in the machete attack on a soldier near the Louvre museum in ... World News