The international tourism venture in Saudi Arabia which Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman announced on Monday under the working title of the "Red Sea Project” will attract local and global investments thus contributing an average of 15 billion SAR a year to the country’s gross domestic production.
The project will also create around 35,000 job opportunities once it’s completed.
It’s expected for this project to be a global touristic destination in the future considering the following:
1. The Red Sea is one of the best diving locations in the world due to the diversity of marine organisms and the environmentally protected coral reefs and the appropriate water temperatures.
2. The project’s area is 34,000 kilometers square and the location is distinguished for its fresh air and for including 50 islands that extend on the Red Sea Coast which is 200 kilometers in length.
3. The location is also distinguished for its white and soft sand, dormant volcanoes that are close to the coast, rich and diverse biological and marine life and wide areas of mangrove trees and a huge number of hawksbill turtles.
4. There are natural reserves where there are Arabian wolves, lynxes, Arabian tigers and a diversity of local and migrating birds.
5. The project is also close to Mada'in Saleh, an archaeological site characterized by its historical significance.
6. The Public Investment Fund will be the major investor in developing the project and attracting local and international investors.
7. The project will follow separate organizational and legal frameworks and special legislations to protect the environment which will be managed and developed by a special commission.
8. There will be a special system which allows most nationalities to enter without a visa through airports and the port or to acquire a visa through the internet. Visitors will be able to enter and exit the zone where the project is easily as regulations which govern this zone will be different than those implemented by the kingdom.
All you need to know about the Red Sea Project