New satellite images emerged on Friday showcasing what appears to be an Iranian military hub under construction in Syria.
Speaking to the BBC, Western intelligence sources said that the Iran base will be a permanent one.
However, the true purpose of the hub remains unknown.
Recently, Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu warned that Iran seeks to establish itself in the region. The BBC article quoted Netanyahu saying: “Israel will not let that happen.”
The images displayed by the BBC shows the military base timeline between January and October of this year.
- Iran Guards ‘recruiting Afghan children as young as 14’ to fight in Syria
- Why Iran’s plan in Syria will fail
- Iran recruits thousands of Afghan and Pakistani Shiites to fight in Syria
- Russia, Turkey, Iran agree borders for “de-escalation zone” in Syria’s Idlib
- Iran 2 - 2 Syria, Syria stumbles onto next round of qualifications