Ali Al Basharawi, 32, was in Mount Lebanon, his residence, on Thursday evening when he was attacked. He is married to a Syrian woman called Fasila Azir, together they share a home in al-Aqiba, Keserwan.
According Al Basharawi’s family, the kidnappers demanded a million-dollar ransom for his release.
The Saudi Embassy in Lebanon has been working with the security authorities at the highest level to release the abducted citizen unconditionally as soon as possible.
Lebanese police continue to search for the abductee.
Meanwhile, a Lebanese security source said that the wife contacted the security forces today and reported the disappearance of her husband, pointing out that the investigations are going on to find out his location.
The kidnapped Saudi citizen originally hails from Qatif in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia.
- Lebanon Grand Mufti stresses importance of brotherly relations with Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Arabia Kuwait, UAE and Bahrain urge their nationals to leave Lebanon
- Saudi Arabia to name ambassador to Lebanon
- Zarif: We cooperated with Saudi Arabia in Lebanon
- Saudi Arabia’s King Salman meets Lebanon’s Grand Mufti