The Revolutionary Guards are the most powerful security force in Iran, overseeing vast economic holdings worth billions of dollars and wielding huge influence in its political system.
Recently, the Iranian regime decided to increase the budget for military armament mainly toward the Revolutionary Guards who operate on foreign lands, supporting the Houthi militias in Yemen, Hezbollah in Lebanon, the Popular Mobilization Units in Iraq and Assad’s brutal regime in Syria.
Here’s a look at their business empire.
- Is Iran’s IRGC launching special patrols to fend off rebellion?
- Will IRGC-established militia in Syria sabotage de-escalation agreement?
- Secrets of the 1983 Beirut Bombings: The role of Iran’s IRGC
- ANALYSIS: History of the IRGC’s grooming of top al-Qaeda members
- ANALYSIS: Regional terror make IRGC expulsion more imperative