Barely a minute long, an archive video displays rare clips of Riyadh’s neighborhoods more than 40 years ago.
The footage, shared on the Saudi website Ajel, shows foreigners and Saudis alike walking around the streets of the capital – a very clean capital.
The cleanliness is what really captures the eye in this short memoir of Saudi history.
Other shots in the video show the gold souq, falconry and Riyadh International Airport.
Looking at Saudi Arabia now, one can only note that various technological advancements the kingdom has gone through over the last four decades.
- Al-Diriyah: A gate to Saudi Arabia’s history
- IN PICTURES: Discover the history behind Ibrahim Palace in eastern Saudi Arabia
- VIDEO: Coffee museum in Saudi Arabia presents history of the beverage
- Prince who piloted the first F15 recalls its history with Saudi Arabia
- Pages from Saudi history on show at Jeddah Festival