The Algerian Defense Ministry has revealed the identity of the pilot of the military plane that crashed near the military airport in Boufarik on Wednesday morning (11 April 2018).
Ismail Dossan was born in 1972 in the state of Msila (eastern Algeria). Several social media posts shared the pilot’s photo and said he is the father of three girls.
They also discussed what is believed to be his last communication with the airport’s control tower.
According to media reports Lt. Col. Ismael Dossan told the control tower that the plane was losing height and that it was trying to avoid a populated area, so he chose to land in an unpopulated agricultural area.
However, these reports have not been confirmed. Media reports said that the full combustion happened due to the explosion of the enormous capacity of fuel in the tank, which is estimated at 21,000 liters.
- Polisario Front: 30 ‘Sahrawis’ and relatives died on Algeria plane crash
- Eyewitnesses describe moment after crash of Algeria military plane
- VIDEO: Footage shows the first moments of the military plane crash in Algeria
- Case of crashed Russian plane referred to Egypt security prosecutor
- Airplane debris flown to Paris for MH370 probe