Mass wedding for 60 couples to be held in UAE’s Sharjah
The ceremony will take place in Al Dhaid City in Sharjah
A mass wedding for 60 couples will be held Thursday in the UAE emirate of Sharjah, the country’s official news agency (WAM) reported.
The mass wedding, which will be the fourth in the series, will be held under the patronage of General Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces.
The previous three mass weddings were held on Jan. 14 2012, Jan. 1 2013, and Jan. 16 2014.
The ceremony will take place in Al Dhaid City in Sharjah.
Sheikhs in the country sponsor such events to help young Emiratis marry by reducing wedding expenses.
- Indian tycoon throws mass wedding for fatherless women
- Cash-strapped young Afghans turn to low-cost mass weddings
- Mass wedding in Syria
- Love birds tie the knot in Malaysia mass wedding
- Malaysian Islamic watchdog: Valentine’s Day leads to moral decay
- Palestinian leader presides over mass wedding
- Palestinians attend mass wedding ceremony