Hariri tweets trailer for documentary on father’s life
The film goes into a detailed account of the key moments of Rafiq Hariri's life.
Former Lebanese Prime Minister Saad Hariri on Wednesday tweeted the trailer of an upcoming documentary on the life of his father, a billionaire businessman-turned statesman who dominated Lebanese politics.
The feature, titled “The era of Rafiq Hariri” will be broadcasted on multiple Lebanese TV stations on the eve of the tenth anniversary of the politician’s assassination.
The film goes into a detailed account of the key moments of Hariri’s life, a statement by the producers said, according to Beirut-based newspaper the Daily Star.
The preview shows old archive photos of Hariri, including ones showing him with his bride on their wedding day, as well as meetings with world leaders when prime minister.
Hariri was killed in 2005 after a massive car bomb targeting his convoy went off in downtown Beirut.
- Lebanon's U.N.-backed Hariri tribunal extended
- Lebanon to get Saudi-financed arms soon
- Hariri’s return, a patriotic opportunity for Lebanon
- Ex-PM Hariri back in Lebanon after three years abroad
- Hariri announces $1bn Saudi military aid to Lebanon
- Lebanon’s Hariri calls for lawmakers to elect a president
- Lebanese editor walks out of Hariri court contempt hearing