WATCH: The tedious valley Prophet Mohammed crossed during his hijrah to Madinah
Al Arabiya.net has been showcasing a series of clips which reflect the valley Prophet Mohammed crossed during his Hijrah from Mecca to Medinah.
The video is part of a program aired on Al Arabiya, Aala Khota Al Arab (In the path of Arabs). When standing in the valley, the atmosphere makes it feel as though time has come to an utter stop.
Stretching 2720 meters long, the prophet took this tedious route instead of another, known as the Valley of Majah, saving a tiering 6 km journey for cattle and man.
- Find out where Maria, Prophet Mohammed’s Coptic Christian wife, was born
- Ramadan profiles: Saffiya Bint Huyyay, Prophet Mohammed’s Jewish wife
- Ramadan profiles: Khadijah bint Khuwaylid, love of Prophet Mohammed’s life
- In Pictures: Prophet Mohammed’s letters that were sent to rulers
- Which gateway did Prophet Mohammed choose to takeover Mecca?