‘The Bold and the Beautiful’ lands in the Emirates
Cast members including Katherine Kelly Lang and Don Diamont began filming scenes Monday overlooking Dubai’s skyscraper-studded skyline
The American soap opera “The Bold and the Beautiful” is taking the show on the road again, this time all the way to the money-soaked shores of the Arabian Peninsula.
Cast members including Katherine Kelly Lang and Don Diamont began filming scenes Monday overlooking Dubai’s skyscraper-studded skyline. Among the sights they’re taking in are the city’s main man-made palm-shaped island and the world’s tallest building, the Burj Khalifa.
The cast and crew will continue filming down the coast in the United Arab Emirates capital of Abu Dhabi later in the week.
“The Bold and the Beautiful” has filmed overseas before, including in Italy, Mexico and Australia. But executive producer and head writer Brad Bell says the UAE is the farthest the show has traveled from its Los Angeles base.
- Dubai Islamic Bank eyes Kenya, Indonesia for expansion
- Emirates REIT property trust plans $135m Dubai IPO
- Dubai 2013 trade growth slows but Iran business stabilizes
- Frustration with Qatar adds to GCC security dispute
- Kuwait’s emir could heal Gulf rift with Qatar, parliament speaker says
- Emirates passengers fuming after ‘thousands’ of bags delayed