‘World of Warcraft’ to create Robin Williams character
The Hollywood actor was known to be a fan of the online fantasy role-playing game
Late Hollywood actor Robin Williams will live on in the kingdom of Azeroth after “World of Warcraft” said Thursday that he would be honored as a character in the popular video game.
Williams, a renowned comedian and avid gamer, was known to be a fan of the online fantasy role-playing game. He was found dead Monday of an apparent suicide at the age of 63.
“We haven’t decided, but it will most likely be a character inspired by him or some of his favorite roles of the past,” lead game designer Ion Hazzikostas was cited by local media as saying during a Los Angeles event unveiling the game’s fifth edition, “World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor.”
Williams had even named his daughter Zelda in reference to Nintendo’s “Legend of Zelda” game.
“@robinwilliams Thank you. You gave us so much joy in our lives, and we hope you enjoyed your time in our world. We’ll see you in-game,” World of Warcraft’s official Twitter page said on Tuesday.
- Robin Williams’ death sheds light on Hollywood blues
- Daughter of Robin Williams faced online abuse
- Fox News anchor mulls ‘cowardice’ as reason behind Robin Williams’ death
- Star-struck ISIS? Fighters mourn Robin Williams
- UAE star scorned over anti-Robin Williams tweet
- Robin Williams’ daughter tweets moving tribute