Brad and Angelina take up Israeli combat style
In preparation for their next movie, Jolie had previously learnt Krav Maga, a fighting technique combining several systems
Power-house couple Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt have reportedly taken up a form of self-defense developed by the Israeli army in preparation for their next movie, the Mirror reported.
Jolie had previously learnt Krav Maga, a fighting technique combining several systems, including boxing, wrestling Judo and Jujitsu, according to Israeli newspaper the Haaretz.
Pitt however is new to the combat classes, and has reportedly lost more than four kilograms after three weeks of intense training before filming of By the Sea begins.
“Angelina previously learnt Krav Maga when she was doing Tomb Raider and loved it,” the Mirror quoted a source as saying.
The couple, who married in France last month, are said to have been joined by their children.
“The whole family are learning the moves,” the source told the British newspaper.
“Even the little ones are doing modified kids’ moves but Brad has been doing it for 45 minutes a day and has dramatically lost weight and beefed up his muscles for the film,” which has been written and directed by Jolie.
The movie is being shot on a beach on Gozo, Malta’s second largest island, and is reported to feature cameo roles of the couple’s oldest children, Maddox, 13, and Pax, 11.
- First pictures of Angelina Jolie’s wedding dress revealed
- Angelina Jolie's father Jon Voight was not invited to the wedding
- Angelina Jolie makes fresh plea for Syrian refugees
- Jolie’s dad slams Penelope Cruz over Gaza stance
- Angelina Jolie honored by Queen Elizabeth II
- Jolie speaks to Al Arabiya on sexual violence
- Jolie heads summit on sexual violence
- William Hague, Angelina Jolie cohost Global Summit to End Sexual Violence