That’s amore! Clooney weds in Venice
The couple was joined by their star-studded friends including Matt Damon and U.S. Vogue editor Anna Wintour
Oscar-winner George Clooney has wed Amal Alamuddin, a Lebanese-British barrister, a spokesman said Saturday.
“George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin were married today (Sep. 27) in a private ceremony in Venice, Italy,” Clooney spokesman Stan Rosenfield said.
Earlier, in preparation, Clooney and Alamuddin, were seen on a series of gondolas on Venice on Saturday, the Mail Online reported.
They were surrounded by friends and family in a series of events leading up to the Venetian wedding. While the pair will exchange vows on Saturday, they will not be legally married until Monday.
On Friday night, Lebanon-born Alamuddin stepped out in a long flowing red dress accompanied by her family and friends to head to what was reported to be a rehearsal dinner.
The 36-year-old British human rights lawyer was seen getting on a boat taxi in front of the exclusive five-star Belmond Cipriani Hotel with her husband-to-be.
The couple was joined by their star-studded friends including Matt Damon and U.S. Vogue editor Anna Wintour, who was reportedly invited because her publication had successfully bid to win the exclusive rights to the wedding photos.
A day earlier, the happy couple, along with super model Cindy Crawford and husband – and best man- Rande Gerber, head to a reception at a seven-star hotel, which the Mail Online said was paid for by Amulddin’s parents.
From the groom’s side, the invitees so far spotted are long-time producing partner Grant Heslov, Ocean's Thirteen co-star Ellen Barkin, Matt Damon and wife Luciana Barroso.
Clooney’s long-time friend Brad Pitt and wife Angelina Jolie are also expected to attend the nuptials in Venice, where Clooney and Alamuddin first met.
- Clooney, fiancee arrive in Venice for wedding
- Clooney nabs Hollywood prize for Darfur stand
- George Clooney cuts short wedding date conjecture
- Clooney to make film about British phone hacking scandal
- Obama ‘not invited’ to Clooney wedding: report
- Clooney fiancee declines U.N. role in Gaza probe
- George Clooney, fiancee post legal notice to marry
- Clooney slams ‘fabricated’ Daily Mail story on fiancée’s mom
- Clooney’s soon to be mother-in-law visits Lake Como