Charlie Sheen posts ‘racist’ attack on Obama
The tweet was sent after Obama appeared on ESPN sports network
U.S. actor Charlie Sheen, who is no stranger to the news, has come under fire after a tweet about President Barack Obama was flagged racist, BET entertainment news website reported.
“Barry Satera Kenya u won't attend a soldier's funeral uhkros da street that u kild yet u have time 4 brackets? Sad c,” Sheen tweeted.
“Barry Satera Kenya” is believed to be a reference to Obama’s Kenyan heritage. While the funeral mentioned is believed to be of Major Gen. Harold Greene, killed while serving in Afghanistan.
Barry Satera Kenya u won't attend a soldier's funeral uhkros da street that u kild yet u hav time 4 brackets? s a d c http://t.co/KM1in5MPio— Charlie Sheen (@charliesheen) March 19, 2015
The tweet was sent after Obama appeared on ESPN sports network in which he filled out his expectation of the teams to play the National Collegiate Athletic Association basketball tournament.
The practice is commonly referred to as “filling out the NCAA tournament bracket.” Sheen seemed to take a hit at the President for having the time to fill out the brackets but not to attend Greene’s funeral, which he described as “s a d.”
The tweet sparked an array of responses, some supportive and many critical of Sheen.
This is not the first time Sheen has publicly mentioned Obama. He once said he wanted to meet the president to investigate what he thought was a potential 9/11 cover-up, the Daily Beast reported.
- TV show host sacked for racial slur about Michelle Obama
- France’s Hollande vows stiffer penalties for hate speech
- Second ‘racist’ video of Chelsea fans emerges
- N. Korea blames U.S. for internet outages, calls Obama racist slur
- U.S. tour guide breaks into racist rant on last day
- Mario Balotelli apologizes for ‘racist’ Instagram post
- Banana thrown onto pitch during Milan match’s at Atalanta