Tickets to Saudi Arabia’s biggest music festival, Jeddah World Fest, sold out four hours after going on sale, the festival tweeted on Tuesday.
A video posted on Jeddah Season’s Twitter page showed crowds rushing into one of Virgin Megastore’s branches in the city when they went on sale.
The music festival, featuring a selection of top international performers, is set to take place at the King Abdullah Sports City Stadium.
UK singer Liam Payne and American DJ Steve Aoki are among the event’s headliners who will take the largest stage ever produced in the Middle East, according to the festival’s website.
The performances will mark the end of the “Jeddah Season: Sea & Culture” entertainment festival. The six-week event, taking place from June 8 to July 18, offers visitors an array of activities, performances, events, and culinary experiences with the aim of boosting the city’s tourism.
- DJ Marshmello wows fans during his first concert in the Kingdom
- ‘Jeddah Season’ festival offers entertainment, unique experiences to visitors
- Jeddah art exhibition looks at the history of oil in Saudi Arabia
- In landmark concert, Lebanese singer Majida el-Roumi sings for her Saudi fans
- An energetic Enrique Iglesias interacts with audience during Riyadh concert